During this one-day workshop, we’ll jump into some intermediate work on journey maps, personas and system maps. We’ll collaborate on a design challenge in groups and use these tools on pen and paper. Afterwards, we’ll transition into why and how to digitize a journey map using software.
Lastly, we’ll analyze the journey maps and use the 6 different typologies to consider from This Is Service Design Doing.
You will specifically:
- Collaborate on a design challenge
- Create personas, journey maps and system maps with pen and paper
- Consider the 6 aspects when analyzing a journey map
- Participate on a walkabout/service safari
- Learn how to maintain, communicate and iterate workshop results using software
You’ll walk away with an ability to:
- Explain when journey maps or system maps are relevant to a project
- Articulate the difference between a process map and journey map
- Conduct basic observational research in the surrounding area
- Create journey maps or system maps that are based on research and reflect the current state of the customer experience and identify opportunities for improvement
- Digitize your maps in Smaply