During this half-day workshop, we’ll jump into some introductory work on journey maps. We’ll collaborate on a design challenge in groups and use these tools on pen and paper.
Lastly, we’ll analyze the journey maps and use the 6 different typologies to consider from This Is Service Design Doing.
You will specifically:
- Collaborate on a design challenge
- Discover personas, journey maps and system maps
- Consider the 6 aspects when analyzing a journey map
- Participate on a walkabout/service safari
- Complete a customer journey map under the guidance of Gerry Scullion
You’ll walk away with an ability to:
- Explain when journey maps or system maps are relevant to a project
- Articulate the difference between a process map and journey map
- Conduct basic observational research in the surrounding area
- Create journey maps or system maps that are based on research and reflect the current state of the customer experience and identify opportunities for improvement
Meet your trainer
Gerry Scullion is Principal Service Design Consultant for Humana Design. He has over 17-years professional design experience (16 in Australia) across a range of industries such as finance, healthcare, media, public services, social media and various startups.
He contributed to the book ‘This is Service Design Doing’ (O’Reilly 2018) focusing on chapters about effective prototyping, and embedding service design teams within organisations.
He is the founder of The HCD Network, and founder of This is HCD (Human-Centered Design) Podcast, the #1 Human-Centered Design Podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google etc. His podcasts have been downloaded over 100,000 times in the last 9-months.
He is a Fellow of theRSA.org and Councillor for theRSA.org in Ireland and is a long-serving iXDA Design Mentor. He is a regular speaker at events and international design conferences.