Learn about the basics of user experience in this fantastic 2-day workshop, based in Dublin city.
During this two-day workshop (31st October and 1st November) in Dublin city-centre, we will cover off the essentials of user experience, that covers off the key stages of a UX mindset of Research, Concepting, Validation and Release.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is perfect for people within organisations who are looking to work better with user experience professionals. It is suited for business analysts, product managers, product owners, project managers, visual designers, product designers, sales and marketing professionals.
If you are looking to move into the world of UX, this is a fantastic course to begin that journey.
Note: If you are looking at doing this course with a view to landing a job as a UX professional, then this is not realistic.
You will specifically learn about:
- Learn about the mindset of a user experience designer
- The ecosystem of UX
- The language used inside the world of UX
- The basics of what effective research looks like
- How UX intersects key areas of the businesses of varying maturities (service design, user interface design, product management, marketing, sales etc)
- UX in action
- Applying UX methods in varying stages of organisational design maturity
- Evaluation of pains and gains using various methods
- Conducting a needs analysisBonus: A 1-hour (with class) online-guest to complete a Q+A session
You’ll walk away with:
Meet your trainer
Gerry Scullion is Principal Service Design Consultant for Humana Design. He has over 17-years professional design experience (16 in Australia) across a range of industries such as finance, healthcare, media, public services, social media and various startups.
He contributed to the book ‘This is Service Design Doing’ (O’Reilly 2018) focusing on chapters about effective prototyping, and embedding service design teams within organisations.
He is the founder of The HCD Network, and founder of This is HCD (Human-Centered Design) Podcast, the #1 Human-Centered Design Podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google etc. His podcasts have been downloaded over 100,000 times in the last 9-months.
He is a Fellow of theRSA.org and Councillor for theRSA.org in Ireland and is a long-serving iXDA Design Mentor. He is a regular speaker at events and international design conferences.